Your personal information
Personal information about visitors to our website is collected only when knowingly submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
How your personal information might be collected.
In the course of providing our services, we may collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when you:
- ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists,
- apply for a job with us,
- make an enquiry about our services, small groups, events or activities,
- visit our website which may involve your enquiries about our services, small groups, events or activities where you voluntarily provide your personal information, or
- become a client or debtor of St James Anglican Parish, Wyong where you initiate an online transactions through the website.
In each such situation, you will have provided your personal information to us directly and for a specific purpose (“the primary purpose”).
How we use the information we collect
Use of the information for a secondary purpose
We may sometimes use the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- where you have expressly consented to that use,
- where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way,
- to contact you in the future;
- where we are so permitted or required by law, or
- if, in our reasonable opinion, it is in the interests of public safety, or of your safety or well-being to do so.
You can require that your personal information be corrected or deleted. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We will use our best endeavours to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also use our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of all personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of organisations linked to our website. Before disclosing personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and of any privacy statement.
Further privacy information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website (www.oaic.gov.au).