Restrictions on numbers in churches have lifted more. We have been set up to have up to 50 people at a service but we can open up further to allow up to 75 when needed.
The 2 Sunday services (with adjusted times) will still be exactly the same, each service will be less than 60 minutes.
( The mid week service (Wednesday at 10.00am) has now recommenced. Only a few people attend this so it’s a good one to come to if you are concerned about mingling.)
· Everything will be on the screen. There will be no books.
· There will be no hymns. Medical experts tell us that 50 people singing a hymn is the equivalent of 50 people coughing for 3 minutes.
· Seats will be in place and should not be moved. We have replaced our chairs with plastic chairs to make cleaning easier.
· If you have any of the symptoms of Covid 19 DO NOT ATTEND.
· If you feel unwell in any way DO NOT ATTEND
· If you feel unsafe or unsure about joining a group DO NOT ATTEND
· We aim get the early service onto our website asap. That means that if you stay at home you can still enjoy the service.
ARRANGEMENTS (please read these carefully)
· You will only be able to enter via the front door. This means that the driveway will be a shared car/pedestrian zone. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.
· The hall/kitchen area will be locked off. If you need a drink please bring bottled water from home.
· When you arrive your temperature will be checked with a temperature gun. If the gun shows green you will be allowed to enter.
- If the gun shows red you will be asked to leave and go and get a Covid check.
- If the gun shows orange you will be asked to wait for 2 minutes and then be tested again. The warden on duty will then decide whether you can enter.
- Your name will be checked off when you arrive. If the gun shows red or orange the temperature reading will also be recorded.
- There must be no shaking hands etc. Please keep social distancing at all times
- Please try to get to church a little early. It will take time to get through all of the entry requirements.
· As you enter you must use the hand sanitiser on the back table and use it again as you leave.
· When church is finished you are asked to leave as quickly as possible. Any discussion must occur outside.
· If you use the toilets please ensure that you wash your hands carefully.
· The offertory will not be collected but there will be a container on the back table. Please put money/envelopes in there.
*It’s a requirement that everyone involved in ministry to children, young people & any vulnerable people must undertake Safe Ministry Training every three years. Please check your certificates to see if you are due. Please see Jenny Hurst or call Annie in the office for assistance. Register for training at:- www.newcastleanglican.org.au/safe-ministry/safe-ministry-training/ Important information on Working with Children Check Renewals from The NSW Office of Children’s Guardian:- The Working With Children Check lasts for five years, so If your contact details are up to date, you will receive a notification when it is time to renew your WWC number. A WWC number is like a driver licence – the number stays with you and is renewed before it expires. Do not reapply – you simply renew, and your WWC number will remain valid for another five years. Renewal applications cannot be submitted until three months before your expiry date but please try to do them as soon as you receive this renewal due notice. Then please let Jenny Hurst or Annie in the office know when you receive confirmation of the renewal so that we can update our records. Thanks to all those that have already given Annie notification of these renewals.
*Information on supporting Jasmine Horrocks:- It’s best to use the website at:- https://support.afes.org.au/support-jasmine-horrocks-newcastle-university-newcastle-4941 You can set up a direct debit or deposit system depending on your preferences (on the last page of the donation portal you can get the AFES office bank account details and a unique reference ID). Or you can also fill out a paper form and post it to the AFES office. Alternatively the church has offered to process cash donations, this can be done by putting the money in the plate in an envelope marked ‘Jasmine Horrocks’ (Although she can’t properly track individual donations through this method). If you need any assistance with this please see Jeremy or Jill or Annie in the office.
*Our farmers are still doing it really tough. You can make a donation to help them at https://westernaircare.org/help-donate/ or at www.buyabale.com.au/hunter or phone—1300327624